If you've ever been a turd polisher- aka salesman, you know that you flirt with that fine line between therapist and mental patient. Everyday. And get paid for it. But you know what's worse than sales? Leasing. That's right, you sell the same thing over and over and over again to someone more effed up than your previous tenant.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

There is no going down from here.

I don't normally work on Saturdays, probably because I will just lock the office and watch the game. But today; I had no choice. So I dragged my hungover butt in the door about 10minutes til 10am. I knew it was going to be busy, and I knew that the jager from last night was probably still on my breath. And I was right on both accounts. I get in and get situated and before I can get up to grab a coffee, the first propect walks in the door; albeit looking worse than I do. My first thought is, "What kind of hungover person tours apartments in 100 degree heat?" Probably the same type of person that goes to work hungover to tour aparmtents in 100 degree heat. The n I notice he's got his breakfast in tow. This should be interesting. He plops down at my desk and starts chowing down- all while asking for information on my one bedroom apartments. Really? With a full mouth of egg and cheese? Classy. And here I am trying not to laugh when the guy gags and actually THROWS up on my desk. Throws up. Doesn't get up and run to the bathroom, doesn't even really grab for his mouth, he just straight vomited up his Egg McMuffin all over my cherry wood desk. Happy Saturday folks. Only here. So of course I grab some paper towels to let HIM clean it up and he just apologizes and stares at me for a second..and then LEAVES. Fantastic start to the day. I kind of wish that I didn't lead off with that awesome story, because it kind of dilutes the power of the rest of my days experiences.-J

3 comments:

  1. He threw up on your desk and you were able to hold it down yourself? Even after a Jaeger night? Nice.

    Victoria had a guy do that in front of her one time. He was eating lunch, though. We were cracking up and he was just oblivious. Worked at the pawn shop down the street.

    Did this guy have a red pawn shop shirt on?

    Gotta love the leasing life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working your property that day Jason! I was coverinf for Amber. Remember we thought it was a shop? But then he came back and tried to lease but was denied! Awesome. You need to guest write some stories about the creek and all of the dead bodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! I forgot you were there that day. I remember I wasn't very fun to work with haha That place stressed me out.

    I think I will write about some dead bodies. I have plenty of stories. Which one do you want to hear?

    1. Dead twin with baby?
    2. Old man dead for weeks?
    3. Old lady died on Thanksgiving?
    4. Guy dead on Superbowl Sunday?

    I've got plenty. Gotta love leasing! Great site!

    ReplyDelete